WHAT IS SNEAKYSUNDAY.COM?
SneakySunday.com provides upscale recommendations for venues (bars, restaurants, hotels, etc) and events (concerts, sports, theatre, etc) based on various categories and days of the week.
SneakySunday.com uses a national network of like-minded young professionals to provide recommendations and rankings for venues based on various categories of interest, also based on the day of the week when appropriate (several bar categories). Our rankings are NEVER for sale. We will generate revenue from banner ads, product sponsorships, and traffic partnerships similar to our deal with OpenTable.com. We have at least one local expert in every city on the site. Our recommendations are managed by that local “rep” and are always as current and relevant as possible. Local “Sneaky Reps” are screened to ensure that they are completely on top of what’s hot and sneaky in their city currently. We only recommend the BEST places for each category. If a place makes our site for a given category, then we stand behind that recommendation and are confident you will have a great experience at that place, regardless of its ranking. We ask that you focus less on the ranking and more on the strong endorsement that we have for any place we list and recommend. Premium, high-quality site design and easy navigation for our users are also top priorities for Sneaky Sunday. Our goal is to simplify access to relevant city information in the form of constantly evolving recommendations from real local lifestyle experts, so you can spend less time planning your outing and more time experiencing it.
- Recommendations and rankings for over 50 categories within BARS, RESTAURANTS, LIVE ENTERTAINMENT, and HOTELS & LEISURE
- A Daily Events Calendar in every city going out 30 days listing all major upcoming local events within MUSIC, SPORTS, LIVE THEATRE, ART, COMEDY, DANCE and SPECIAL EVENTS
- Map specific places and entire categories to add another element for consideration when picking a venue
- User reviews for specific places and categories
- Short-form video reviews of many venues (SneakySundayTV original programming)
- Send venue information in the form of a text message
- Ability to make restaurant reservations, powered by OpenTable.com
- SneakySunday.TV, user sign-in/profiles and other great features coming later this month
ORIGIN OF THE PHRASE ‘SNEAKY SUNDAY’
The phrase "Sneaky Sunday" came from a good friend who would frequently head out to the bars for a few drinks on a Sunday, often just to watch some football, and the next thing you know he was shutting down the place and taking down numbers. When asked about the night, he’d simply say it was a "sneaky” Sunday. We liked the saying so much that we started using it for everything that was "sneaky”--a restaurant that nobody knew about, an unexpectedly fun night, or even someone at work who was "sneaky" hot. It quickly became an everyday part of our vocabulary and any night other than Friday or Saturday could become "sneaky" when it involved any social activity.
ORIGIN OF SNEAKYSUNDAY.COM
It should come as no surprise that this idea started on a particular "sneaky" Sunday, late summer 2006, with a group of good friends who were out at a sports bar discussing life over a few beers late in the evening. This particular bar was pretty crowded, especially for a Sunday. We began to discuss how people who didn't know their city, any city, could learn where to go or find out about bars like this one on certain nights of the week. Then it hit us: what if there was a simple website that told you the best places to go each night of the week across the entire country: real, honest, unbiased recommendations. We immediately rushed home and reserved the web addresses for each day of the week and began putting our vision to work. Three core beliefs have been paramount for us from Day 1:
- The site must be easy to navigate and visually pleasing;
- It must have completely unbiased recommendations and candid commentary; and
- The suggestions must only be for the absolute best places for specific nights of the week.